Thursday, July 5, 2007

A Random Act

They have told me, for years it seems, that I need to have a cell phone. That I need to have caller ID. No one ever said I needed to have a Blog, but in a concerted effort to get myself up to 21st century speed, I now have all three.

Many (many) years ago, I published a zine called "The Latest News." It was a hodgepodge of writings about this and that. In its heyday--before the internet and blogs--"The Latest News" had more than 300 subscribers and was featured in several publications and zine exhibits. And then I got busy.

Busy for 14 years, while I acted like a grown-up and worked really, really hard.

And then one day I woke up and realized there was a part of me that had been neglected. The part of me that could do something like "The Latest News." That could find the time to be creative, to spend time thinking and writing about things besides work.

How I got from that day to this blog is a really long story. Suffice to say, I feel like I am coming home. And I'm excited by that!

So, welcome! I look forward to sharing more "Random Acts of Writing" with you soon.